Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Studio and New Camera

So I alluded to my new studio space in a comment, but thought I would post about it. I am officially leasing a studio space for my business as of Feb. 15th. I can't wait! I have always done the coffee shop thing, or have people in my home, both I have never felt comfortable with. I went to the workshop with looking into a space in the back of my mind when I got home. I really had thought that the price would be overbearing for me and would stress me out each month, and I didn't ever want my businesses finances to stress me out. After asking around for a couple of days I found (actually my husband found for me) a totally fun studio for $300 a month, totally reasonable and in my budget, that is if I had a budget. It is in the artsy district of downtown, in fact everyone on the 2nd floor of the building where I am are artists, painters mostly, some photogs who do art photography for fun, and some landscape photographers. I think that I am going to love it there. I will post some pics when I get into the space officially.

Then this morning I got on my computer to read about the Mark III again and the 5D, and I bought the 5D, two 580ex's, and ofcourse the battery grip for the camera. Something that just had to be done. I can't wait to hear Steve's review of the Mark III, but I couldn't afford that jump right now, so the 5D will have to do for a year or so, I decided I could furnish my studio and buy a 5D or buy the Mark III and meet clients in the coffee shop, the first won out.

Hope each of you are doing well and "the leg" is healing nicely.


blessed.
Tammy

4 comments:

Mandy Hank said...

I am so proud of you Tammy- I can't wait to see pics-
Congratulations.

Zoom-Bug Photography said...

yay! How exciting...definitely post pictures! Good for you for stepping out and doing this for yourself :)

Amy Wellenkamp said...

Congrats on the studio space, make sure you post pics of it! You professional you!

antonio said...

Tammy you went the extra mile. Well done now fill it with Crate & Barrell furniture and you are on your way.

good luck with the studio shoots.T