Thursday, January 31, 2008

To D3 or not to D3

OK, so I admit it, I did a ton of research on switching to Nikon. Only to decide to stay with my first digital love. I am going to purchase a 5D with a couple more lenses (maybe 50mm f/1.2, or 85mm f/1.2, 100mm macro f/2.8 and maybe the 16-35mm f/2.8. Then I will wait for the Canon response to the Nikon and hope that in a year the Mark iii will improve on the ISO and focal points. Again...I have decided on camera body plus some lenses rather than just a new camera body. Oh yes, plus a couple of flashes.

Also, there were a few of you ladies with a cool shoot bag just over the shoulder for lenses. What are those called/where did you get them? I can't seem to find them.

You were all so amazing, comfortable and so willing to talk about technical stuff all week. What a blessing you were to me. I returned refreshed...and overwhelmed, but if I wasn't overwhelmed I would think my investment wasn't what it should be.

Ciao,
Amy

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Hi Amy -
Hooray for fun new lenses and a 5D, mine shipped yesterday, can't wait till I receive it.

The bag you are talking about can be found at shootsac.com it is a great bag. I bought some covers also, but I normally just use the black cover that it comes with.

Enjoy.

Zoom-Bug Photography said...

LOVE my shootsac! The have some super cute covers to choose from for variety :-)

New lenses are fun! I just bought my 10.5 fisheye today and can't wait for it to get here...

Let us see all your goodies once they arrive!

Marie Moyers said...

I have started to think of the camera body as the "accessory" and the lenses as the main part. They come up with new bodies every 6 months that re "better, bigger, faster, with more pixels!!" LOL But a good lense, now that is a staple. :)