Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Canon AF Options

O.k. now that I have my 5D I am working through some of the focusing options. I have been using the AF where you pick the square that needs to be focused. It is working great.

My question is:
After reading through the manual several times I am still a bit foggy.

To keep a person/bride in focus when they are walking towards you the setting should be Al Servo? and the middle red dot being used as your focus point? Then my camera should follow that person and keep focus on them?

I tried it a couple of times, and it seemed to work. Is this what ya'll do?

Alot of the meat and potatoes of camera settings were on location which leaves my memory as my soul source of reference as to what Mike had said.

2nd Question:
Do you all have your sharpening at 0 in camera. I have gone back and forth on this, as it adds an extra step in processing. If you do leave it at zero what do you use to sharpen? PS? does lightroom have a sharpening feature, couldn't find one, unless it is the "clarity" button?

Thanks guys and gallies.

4 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I still want to know what others use to sharpen, but I did find the sharpening in lightroom. Just overlooked it. I used it yesterday and it looked great.

Chris Diset Photography said...

I actually have my sharpen in camera set all the way up to 6. I think it is cleaner than sharpening in photoshop. Something to consider though, is if you are shooting high ISO, in camera sharpening will also sharpen noise and make it a bit more noticeable.

Phillip Glickman said...

i do all my sharpening in photoshop. unsharp mask.

Tammy M. said...

Thanks Chris and Phillip. So glad to hear what ya'll do with shapening. Thanks for responding.