Monday, March 3, 2008

An idea...

Hello again,
I recently had an idea (shocking I know) currently I am in the slow time of year, which I love so I can catch up and make operations more efficient. But, I wanted to share this idea to help get me out of this slow period. I contacted a local apple farm (they are also an amazing wedding site that I have shot at), anyway they are closed until May, but the apple trees will start blooming at the end of March. They are going to allow me exclusive rights to shoot portraits (family, engagement etc.) during the blossom season. I am giving them a free session for their family in return.

This is something that I hope will set me apart from other photographers here, and inspire people to sign up. We'll see. So far so good. I have sent out an e-mail and am distributing postcards.

Let me know some things you are doing to create business in a slow time.
~ Amy

1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

Hi Amy -
What a great idea! I am doing absolutely nothing but catching up on wedding albums and moving into my new studio. Once I am settled my brain might start working in the proactive fashion again.